Full-time, Contract to Hire position! Responsibilities will include the day-to-day operations of the Retail Sales Dept., under the direction of and reporting to the Retail Manager. Solid supervisory experience and exceptional customer service skills are a must; the ability to achieve company goals and create a distinctive, customer friendly environment while meeting established company standards is required. Merchandising background a plus!
- Day-to-day operation of retail sales dept.; management of cash register area and staff; training current and new staff on registers and troubleshooting register issues
- Ensures/models exemplary customer service; identifies and implements strategies to drive sales and increase profitability
- Creates staff schedule; monitors vacation/days off; conducts yearly evaluations
- Order supplies and equipment, including Loyalty Cards/Applications, gift certificates, bags, etc.
- Responsible for store appearance and cleanliness
- Other tasks as assigned
The right candidate will have prior supervisory experience in a retail environment and be self-motivated, enthusiastic, outgoing and a strong communicator. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. and stand, walk, stoop, reach and push. Flexibility is needed, including some weekends.
Two good employment references; Mature work ethic; Comparable experience; HS Diploma or equivalent